011 482-3010

Our Blog

what is a colon polyp - Gastroenterology Blog for South Africans

What is a Colon Polyp?

A colon polyp, also called a colonic polyp or a colorectal polyp, is a small, benign growth that forms on the lining of the colon. In this article we will discuss more on the symptoms of colon polyps, causes and diagnosis.

what is gerd - Gastroenterology Blog for South Africans

What is GERD and How to Deal with It?

Acid reflux affects millions of people around the world.
GERD is a heartburn condition that involves the stomach’s acidic digestive juices flowing backwards into the esophagus and irritating this passage. In this article we discuss the signs to look for and how prevention can be done from your side.


The information on this website is to provide general guidance. In no way does any of the information provided reflect definitive medical advice and self-diagnoses should not be made based on information obtained online. It is important to consult a Gastroenterologist or medical doctor regarding ANY and ALL symptoms or signs including, but not limited to: abdominal pain, haemorrhoids or anal / rectal bleeding as it may a sign of a serious illness or condition. A thorough consultation and examination should ALWAYS be performed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Be sure to call a physician or call our office today and schedule a consultation.

Contact Dr Schneider

9 Guild Rd, Suite 202,
2nd Floor Milpark Hospital
Parktown, Johannesburg

Telephone: 011 482-3010
Emergency: 074 102 2040
Email: reception@gidocjhb.co.za

Trading Hours: Mon-Fri 8AM-4PM

Patient Status

15 + 11 =


gidoc jhb logo - Gastroenterology Blog for South Africans

Patient-focused GI treatments and procedures in Parktown, Johannesburg

Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM.

Connect with Us

covid image - Gastroenterology Blog for South Africans

© Dr. H Schneider, Registered Gastroenterologist, GI Doc Johannesburg

Our website information is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult a doctor about your specific condition. Only a trained physician can determine an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.